GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
Last Updated on June 19, 2022
Just as memory foam mattresses gained fame because of their comfort factors, adjustable bases are now in vogue for those seeking more bedtime contentment. An adjustable base allows for the bed to not only provide a better position for sleep, but also turns the sleep center into a reclining chair for ease of work and to simply relax.
I. Price (Mattress Clarity)
II. Materials/ Durability (Mattress Clarity)
III. Comfort (Mattress Clarity)
IV. Warranty (Mattress Clarity)
Best Overall Adjustable Base
Bedding companies have been striving to gain the number one spot in the market, battling each other with promising submissions of the best memory foam mattress. These same businesses are upping their game to now offer an adjustable base platform to add even more bedtime comfort. Along with better sleep, you can read about the health benefits of an adjustable bed base.
GhostBed has an adjustable base that rivals that of luxury brand’s Tempur-pedic Tempur-Ergo Plus. With a price of hundreds less, a lifetime warranty, and ease of delivery, GhostBed adjustable base certainly wins over the similarly styled Tempur-Ergo Plus.
Where Tempur-pedic was the trailblazer when it came to memory foam mattresses and an adjustable base, it is now falling behind as it is challenged by other companies. No longer does one need to go to a showroom to buy their bedding. While Tempur-pedic still relies mainly on a brick and mortar store for its products, GhostBed offers a wonderful delivery service bringing items to one’s front doorstep within days of online ordering. With GhostBed’s delivery service one does not need to be home. One must arrange to be home with the white-glove delivery that Tempur-pedic has.
Those with a disposable income of funds may opt for the Temper-pedic mattress and adjustable base, but there is no need when GhostBed offers amazing construction and comfort quality for a cost that is so much less.
It is obvious from first look that GhostBed is the clear winner when it comes to comparing price.
In appearance both GhostBed adjustable base and the Tempur-Ergo Plus offer the same similar contemporary look with a grey fabric cover and steel tubular legs. Both are made with a steel retainer bar, but GhostBed upped the game by adding anti-skid decking for an extra aid to help keep mattress in place. The Tempur-Ergo Plus is a bit lighter at a max of 650 pounds weight capacity compared to GhostBed’s adjustable base at a max of 750 pounds. An important mention is that GhostBed specifically notes its 100-percent steel constructed frame. Both are crafted with under bed lighting.
The wireless remotes for both company’s offer back lighting. GhostBed comes out ahead for its two memory positions, and three preset positions, against the Tempur-Ergo Plus’ only two preset options. Both company’s remotes offer a flat position button. GhostBed adjustable base includes recessed soothing massage units for head and foot with a choice of modes. According to the Tempur-pedic website, massage is not an offered feature for their Tempur-Ergo Plus, as they reserve it for the more expensive Premier model.
While the legs for the GhostBed adjustable base are a fixed 12-inch height, the Tempur-Ergo Plus offers an option to raise their 12-inch legs by two additional inches. Tempur-pedic also offers an option to purchase shorter 9, 6.5, and 4.5-inch legs separately. GhostBed uses a common 110 volts plug and the Tempur-Ergo Plus has a 120-volt input. Both offer battery backup to get beds back to flat position in case of power outage.
Adding its cost-effective price with its construction to rival a top competitor, the GhostBed adjustable base certainly proves its worthiness.
Seeking the best comfort possible is what is driving people to purchase an adjustable base. The remote control allows for ease of moving the head and foot of bed up and down to achieve the most comfortable of positions. With better positioning of the body those who have health issues with their back, legs, neck, and stomach can achieve a much healthier sleep than lying flat. Both the GhostBed adjustable base and the Tempur-Ergo Plus aim to provide comfort.
GhostBed’s goes a step further by adding the anti-skid decking with the steel retainer bar to assure that a mattress with stay firmly in place as it moves with the adjustable base. GhostBed also takes care in offering massage units for the head and foot, while the Tempur-Ergo Plus offers no massage (Tempur-pedic does offer massage in its most expensive Tempur-Ergo Premier adjustable base).
While both beds offer ability to have presets for common comfortable ergonomic positions, GhostBed offers three presets and the Tempur-Ergo Plus offers only two options. GhostBed also has two memory positions.
The GhostBed adjustable base leads in providing the best in comfort when compared to Tempur-Ergo Plus, as Tempurpedic seems to want to lure consumers to its more expensive Premier base.
The GhostBed Adjustable Base Limited Lifetime Warranty allows for the steel and mechanical base parts to be covered for life if they are found to be defective. In addition, GhostBed offers a full one year warranty on parts, labor, and freight in which they will repair or replace any parts discovered defective with no extra cost to consumer. A limited year two warranty from GhostBed covers the replacement of any defective parts but does not include labor and freight. The TEMPUR-Ergo Plus has a full three-year warranty but only a 15-year limited warranty.
GhostBed adjustable base is the clear winner with its lifetime warranty.
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $945 $662Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- GhostBed’s Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Box Spring with My Mattress?
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- The 3-Step Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- 4 Reasons to Buy a Mattress-in-a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- What is a Split King Mattress & Is it Worth It?
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost? (2022 Guide)
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- What is a Hybrid Mattress?
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect & Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Flip or Rotate Your Mattress (and Why You Should)
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Why Mattresses Sag (and What to Do About It)
- Battle of the Beds: Memory Foam vs. Spring Mattresses
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Natural vs. Awara Premier Natural Hybrid Mattress
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping With Your Head Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- 6 Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- What Kind of Mattress Works with an Adjustable Bed?
- How to Use a Bed Frame with an Adjustable Base
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2021
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for Arthritis & Joint Pain
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Guide: How to Choose the Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: The Best Mattress for Fibromyalgia (+ Tips for Great Sleep)
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What Is the Best Side to Sleep on for Your Health?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 4 Tips to Do When You Can't Sleep
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- Sleeping When You’re Sick: How to Get the Rest You Need
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- How to Use a Headboard With an Adjustable Base
- 6 Surprising Reasons Why You Can't Get Comfortable in Your Bed
- How to Train Yourself to Sleep on Your Back
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- The Ultimate Guide to Pillowcases
- Guide: 3 Key Benefits of Silk Pillowcases
- Guide: How to Choose the Best Silk Pillowcase
- Silk Pillowcases: Your Newest Beauty Secret
- Guide: What is Mulberry Silk?
- How to Care for Your Silk Pillowcase
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Supima Cotton
- Guide to Cotton Sheets: What to Know About Egyptian, Pima and Supima
- Does Thread Count Really Matter?
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets
- Guide to TENCEL® Sheets: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Shop for Sheets that Don't Pill
- Mattress Toppers: What Are They & Are They Worth It?
- Guide: How to Select the Best Mattress Topper
- 5 Ways to Make Your Mattress More Comfortable
- How Do I Make My “Hot” Mattress Sleep Cooler?
- How to Care for Your Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Weighted Blanket Guide: How to Choose the Right Size & Weight
- Benefits of Weighted Blankets for Autism
- 10 Health-Boosting Benefits of Weighted Blankets
- 4 Ways to Make Your RV Bed More Comfortable
- Sleeping on the Road: A Guide to Mattress Sizes for RVs and More
- 7 Hacks For Sleeping Cool in Your RV
- Guide: 7 Road Trip Essentials for Your Next RV Trip
- Guide: How to Shop for RV Bedding
- What is a Short Queen Mattress? Your Guide to the Popular RV Size
- 5 Things to Ask Yourself Before Replacing Your RV Mattress