GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
Last Updated on November 20, 2020
With new technology providing cooling comfort and support, memory foam mattresses have now become the bed of choice for consumers. Memory foam works to provide complete support contouring to the individual’s body as one moves to give total comfort. People are seeking the best of memory foam mattresses to relieve themselves of aches and pains and achieve a peaceful slumber.
Best Overall Mattress
The memory foam bed-in-a-box mattress has taken over as a bed of choice for those seeking the best in comfort with a wonderful free in-home trial period. When comparing GhostBed with Nectar these two companies come in neck-in-neck with 11-inch high mattresses that offer comfort and cooling. Both are priced comparably and each have sales to bring prices down even more. Each bed has decorative covers that zip off for easy cleaning.
GhostBed’s parent company is Nature’s Sleep with over 18-years of experience in the Mattress Industry. Nectar is a brand new company that has been around for about 2-years.
GhostBed is uncomplicated with its three layers below the cover working in unison to cool and respond to the body. Beneath its cover Nectar has four layers that work to adapt to the body. Although these two brands come very close in ratings, GhostBed squeezed into the lead with a score just above Nectar.
Chart that breaks down the Pros and Cons
Compiled as per Ted & Stacey’s Mattress Guides & Mattress Clarity
|I. Price (Mattress Guides)||10.0||8.8|
|II. Materials/Durability (Real Mattress)||9.2||8.4|
|II. Comfort (Real Mattress)||9.75||9.5|
|IV. Warranty (Mattress Guides)||9.6||9.4|
|V. TRIAL PERIOD (Real Mattress)||101 Nights||365 Days|
No longer are mattress buyers required to shop for a bed as if searching for a car. The bendable memory foam mattresses are now easily folded and shrink wrapped into a box for quick and easy delivery to one’s front door. Below is a summary of the findings by Ted & Stacey’s Mattress Guides and Mattress Clarity when reviewing GhostBed and Nectar.
|Twin XL||$845 $592||$594|
Longer but Narrow
Memory foam mattresses can be viewed as a luxury item when viewing prices that can climb into the thousands of dollars’ range. The bed-in-the-box mattress companies allow for a quality mattress without the overhead of a retail store adding onto the price. These beds are gaining favor with consumers seeking a quality mattress at an affordable price.
Price is not just rated for which brand bed costs lower to buy, but also for the value one is getting for the price paid. As noted by Mattress Clarity:
The Mattress Clarity reviewer noted about issues with people receiving mattresses from Nectar once ordered:
“People seemed to have had trouble getting their mattress on time – or at all- and customer service seems to been questionable as well based on many reviews."
GhostBed certainly comes out ahead when factoring is the quality of customer service in comparing the value one gets for their money from GhostBed versus Nectar.
With both the GhostBed and Nectar sporting attractive covers and sitting high at 11-inches they both are winners in appearance only. But it is what is underneath the outer shell that counts. Although Nectar touts four layers, less could prove to be more when it comes to durability with the GhostBed’s three layers.
The GhostBed mattress’ top layer is crafted with a 1.5-inch continuous aerated latex foam. This works to cool and comfort in keeping heat away from the body and instant responsiveness to the body. The middle layer is 2-inches of gel memory foam designed for cooling and support for relief of pressure from body points.
GhostBed’s 7.5-inch high density foam bottom foundation layer works as added support and longevity. Specifically noted by Mattress Clarity regarding the GhostBed bottom layer lending to a long-lasting product:
“The base support foam is denser than foam found in many other mattresses in this price range. This adds an extra amount of durability, so the mattress will last longer.”
Nectar has four layers with the top two being 1-inch each. The top layer is a comfort layer of quilted foam sewn to the cover. Next is the 1-inch of semi-open fast-recovery gel foam for cooling and support. In the center is a 3-inch memory grade cooling gel foam. The foundation layer is made of 6-inch high density foam for added support.
Nectar gets a poorer rating with their edge support. Mattress Clarity makes it a point to state, “The GhostBed’s edge support is much better than other all-foam mattresses I have reviewed. Both the Nectar and GhostBed covers zip off for easy cleaning. Although they can be machine washed both companies suggest spot cleaning with cold water and a mild detergent.
Both mattresses are leaders when it comes to comfort. They each come in one universal firmness level. This is the medium firm level that is found to please most sleepers.
Where comfort can mean different things for different individuals, most people do find more comfort on a mattress that is responsive as they move. Both the GhostBed and Nectar work to support the contours of the body but Nectar falls short in responsive time as noted by Ted & Stacey’s Mattress Guides:
“The mattress does, however, present with a response time that is rather slow. When sleepers move or change positions an instant response time is lacking.”
In contrast to Nectar’s poor response time, Mattress Guides tout GhostBed’s design for giving it a quick responsiveness:
“The GhostBed, though a foam mattress, bounces back quickly primarily because of its innovative latex top layer.”
Both mattresses absorb motion easily and work to contour to the body. They both are stated to work well for couples. The GhostBed and Nectar both present minimal sinkage which keeps motion transfer down and makes it easy to move positions. In addition, the cooling technology used in building both the Nectar and GhostBed work to keep bed partners cool and comfortable for a healthy sleep.
Both the GhostBed and Nectar are pretty much tied in warranty. GhostBed offers an outstanding 20-year warranty. Nectar states that they will fully replace any mattress found to be defective in the first 10 years of ownership to the original owner. Additional coverage for both companies from year 10+ provides for repair or replacement as per the company’s discretion and its rules of warranty.
V. Trial Period
A long trial period is important when being sure that the mattress purchase is the right choice. This is where Nectar comes out as the clear winner with a full year to try their mattress. Nectar states that if one has any reason to make the decision that the mattress is not perfect for them than they can return it within the 365-day trial time for a full refund.
GhostBed’s substantial 101-night trial period is definitely sufficient for one to know if their bed is right for them. GhostBed does request that one give their mattress at least 30 nights to try before making a final decision to return.
* Some of the reviewers may have affiliate relationships with GhostBed and receive a commission, similar with other mattress suppliers and consistent with industry practices.
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $645 $452Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Boxspring with My Mattress: Foundation Choices
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- Three Step-Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- Memory Foam Mattress in a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- Guide: Why Buy a Split King Mattress Bed
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost?
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Stains & Smells Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect and Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- The Benefits and 4-Step Process to Rotating Your Mattress
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How to Save a Water Damaged Mattress During a Hurricane or Flood
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Which is Best: Memory Foam vs Spring Mattress
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2020
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Arthritis for 2020
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 4 Tips to Do When You Can't Sleep
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- 9 Sleep Tips When Feeling Sick & How to Recover Fast
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- Guide: The Ultimate Guide to Pillowcases
- Guide: 3 Key Benefits of Silk Pillowcases
- Guide: How to Choose the Best Silk Pillowcase
- Silk Pillowcases: Your Newest Beauty Secret
- Guide: How to Wash Your Silk Pillowcase
- Guide: What is Mulberry Silk?
- How to Care for Your Silk Pillowcase
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Why Supima Cotton Sheets and What’s It All About?
- Egyptian, Pima or Supima Cotton Bed Sheets: Which is Best for a Great Sleep?
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets