GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
Last Updated on September 20, 2020
The adjustable bed base has become the pursued choice for those looking to up their game when it comes to finding the perfect foundation for their memory foam mattress. With the features of built-in massage, zero-gravity, TV, and other options the adjustable base is making the bed the place to not only sleep, but to work and enjoy life as well.
Best Overall Adjustable Base
Bedding manufacturers have been joining the race to build the best adjustable foundation possible in their efforts to up the game to win over consumers seeking the ultimate in a sleep center. As a mate to the now sought after memory foam mattress, the adjustable bed base is gaining popularity for its added health benefits, as well as lifestyle advantages.
With an amazing low price matched with an array of features, the GhostBed adjustable base is the obvious best overall winner compared to the similar Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 adjustable bed.
Price alone at hundreds less than the Simplicity 3.0 places the GhostBed base in the lead over Leggett & Platt’s similar model base. When comparing remote functions of presets, massage and flashlight the GhostBed adjustable base is the clear winner over Leggett & Platt.
Add to the not-to-beat price and wonderful features is GhostBed’s limited lifetime warranty that certainly wins over Leggett & Platt’s 25-year limited warranty.
GhostBed manufactures and sells their own adjustable base that is easy to order and ships out immediately for quick delivery to one’s doorstep. One must order the Leggett & Platt adjustable base from a third party so it can vary in price and delivery options and charges.
II. Features Breakdown
III. Materials/ Durability
|Size||GhostBed||LEGGETT & PLATT SIMPLICITY 3.0
|TWIN XL (38” X 80”)||$999||$1,228|
|QUEEN (60” X 80”)||$1199||$1,278|
|SPLIT KING (2 – TWIN XL)(76” X 80”)||$2,198 $1,649||$2,278|
There is no question that GhostBed wins for their wonderful low price compared to the Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 adjustable base.
II. Features Breakdown
|Features||GhostBed||Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0|
|Massage Modes||15 Modes||Wave Intensity|
|Massage Intensity Levels||10, 20 and 30 minute timers for auto shut down||Wave Intensity|
|Tilts||Head & Foot||Head & Foot|
|Factory Preset Positions||3 – TV, Zero Gravity, Lounge||2 – Zero Gravity, Snore|
|Memory Custom Programmable Positions||2||2|
|Remote||Wireless, Backlit, 18 functions||Wireless, Backlit, 15 functions, safety lock|
|Emergency Power Down||Yes – Auto to flat in power outage||Yes – Auto to flat in power outage|
|Sync Capable||Yes – Two Twin XL can be synced for one King||Yes – Two Twin XL can be synced for one King|
|Height Adjustability||Fixed 12 inches||Yes – 6 to 10 inches|
|No. of Legs||6||6|
|USB Ports||Yes – On each side||No|
|Mattress Retention System||Anti-Skid Decking, Retainer Bar||Micro-Hook Strips, Retainer Bar|
|Warranty||Full 1 year – Parts, Labor, Freight Limited 2nd year – Parts
Limited Lifetime – Steel Frame, Mech Base Parts
|Full 1 year – Parts, Labor, Freight
Limited 2nd & 3rd year – Parts
25-Year Limited – Steel Frame, Mech Base Parts
Upon first look one would be hard pressed to view much differences between the GhostBed adjustable base and the Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0. Both are designed with a grey fabric wrapped foundation of about the same height that sits upon a metal base. Both bases are shipped ready to assemble.
For both manufacturers, no tools are needed for assembly. To be noted it is recommended that two people are needed for safety to lift the heavy bases, but one person can easily assemble both the GhostBed base and the Simplicity 3.0 base.
With both bases being simple to assemble, GhostBed makes it a little less trouble-free with linking bolts that simply turn down and slide into brackets to connect sections. Leggett &Platt requires one to align to insert bolts and then secure bolts with captive pins.
Both bases have metal legs that are to be easily screwed in at four corners in the center. Note that Leggett & Platt’s Simplicity 3.0 assembly instructions show six legs, while website photo only shows four. GhostBed feet have a fixed height of 12-inches, while the Simplicity 3.0 feet can be adjusted from 6 to 10-inches.
Both the GhostBed and Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 have retainers that can easily be snapped into foot of bed to hold mattress in place. GhostBed offers a special full anti-skid decking that will keep any mattress from slipping. Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 has two Micro-Hook strips on their base to help prevent mattress slippage. With the Micro-Hook strips one must be using a mattress made to accommodate them for the retention strips to work.
The GhostBed base is a capable weight lifter handling a max of 750 pounds. The Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 holds an 850-pound lift capacity.
GhostBed offers USB ports built into its sides while the Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 does not. Under bed lighting is a wonderful safety feature on both bases.
Both GhostBed and Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 have wireless backlit remotes that offer multiple functions. Lacking on the Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 remote is the flashlight that GhostBed does have as an added function to help guide one in the dark.
GhostBed is simple to use with a common 110 volts plug. The Simplicity 3.0 has a 100-240 VAC input. Both come with battery backup to move the bed to a flat position in case of power outage.
Comfort is extremely important factor that is what is driving people to choose an adjustable base to add to the benefits of well-being that the memory foam mattress provides. Wireless, backlit remotes certainly guide comfort when it comes to preset and programmable positions, as well as massage functions.
The GhostBed remote has 18 functions compared to 15 on the Simplicity 3.0. The GhostBed wins with three great factory preset positions of TV, zero-gravity, and lounge positions, while the Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 has only zero-gravity and anti-snore. Both have two custom memory position buttons.
Massage is offered by both the GhostBed and the Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0, but GhostBed jumps ahead offering 15 modes of massage to choose from compared to Simplicity 3.0 having just a wave intensity option.
Added to the GhostBed remote is a flashlight feature to assist is safety during dark hours. The Leggett & Platt remote is designed so that it can stand up on a table, which does make the remote thicker.
Clearly, GhostBed wins with its GhostBed Adjustable Base Limited Lifetime Warranty over Leggett & Platt’s 25-Year Limited Warranty.
The GhostBed warranty includes a full one year warranty on parts, labor, and freight. In the first year of ownership GhostBed will repair or replace any parts discovered defective with no extra cost to consumer. A limited year two warranty from GhostBed covers the replacement of any defective parts less labor and freight. The GhostBed Adjustable Base Limited Lifetime Warranty covers steel and mechanical base parts for life if they are found to be defective.
Leggett & Platt 25 Year Limited Warranty will cover the full first year coverage on parts, labor, and freight. For years two and three Leggett & Platt will cover parts that are defective– less labor and freight. From year four until 25 steel and mechanical base parts deemed defective will be covered by Leggett & Platt.
* Some of the reviewers may have affiliate relationships with GhostBed and receive a commission, similar with other mattress suppliers and consistent with industry practices.
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $595 $446Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Boxspring with My Mattress: Foundation Choices
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- Three Step-Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- Memory Foam Mattress in a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- Guide: Why Buy a Split King Mattress Bed
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost?
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Stains & Smells Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect and Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- The Benefits and 4-Step Process to Rotating Your Mattress
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How to Save a Water Damaged Mattress During a Hurricane or Flood
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Which is Best: Memory Foam vs Spring Mattress
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2020
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Arthritis for 2020
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 4 Tips to Do When You Can't Sleep
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- 9 Sleep Tips When Feeling Sick & How to Recover Fast
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Why Supima Cotton Sheets and What’s It All About?
- Egyptian, Pima or Supima Cotton Bed Sheets: Which is Best for a Great Sleep?
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets