Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Couples
Last Updated on August 2, 2020
Are you a couple looking for a good night’s sleep? Read our comprehensive guide on getting a couple to sleep comfortably together, along with the best mattress to buy.
I. Sleeping Benefits for Couples
II. Sleep Positions for Couples
III. Couples’Sleeping Tips
IV. Couples’Sleeping FAQ’s
V. GhostBed Couples’Sleeper Reviews
Even when sleeping couples can nurture their lives together by just being close. Sleeping together for couples promotes security and togetherness. With everyone having different sleeping habits, sleeping with a partner in bed will take some getting used to at first.
As a couple, you will need to appreciate each other’s quirks, such as snoring, and tossing and turning. You should work together to remedy certain behaviors so that both occupants of the bed get a fitful sleep. To celebrate being a twosome in bed, take the time to shop to buy the best mattress for couples that will be the most pleasing for both of you, when it comes to sleeping.
I. Sleeping Benefits for Couples
Sense of Security
Having someone close to you in bed gives one a sense of security. You are no longer alone in life if there is an emergency or scary dream. Think about how children want to crawl into bed with a parent when frightened or ill. Just like a child, adults long for that same secure feeling of having another in bed close by. When you feel more secure you will tend to have a better sleep. It has now been realized that when sleeping together, couples tend to have a longer sleep.
Sleeping together will serve to enhance a happy relationship by allowing the couple important time to express themselves to each other. Pillow talk gives a special moment for a couple to discuss their relationship quietly in bed. Being in the haven of the bed allows for the happy couple to get emotionally closer.
On a cold night, there is nothing better than having another body in bed to cozy up to. Couples keep each other warm on those chilly nights allowing for a pleasing and comfortable sleep.
Those with no bed partner will often lay awake longer just thinking. When you have someone to share the bed with your body and mind will feel less need to stress out about extraneous thoughts. Thus, couples sharing a bed more often will fall asleep faster than those who sleep alone.
II. Sleep Positions for Couples
Got Each Other’s Back
Sleeping back to back may not be the position that movie romances are made of, but surprisingly this seems to be the one most common position that couples enjoy. Couples may have reasons for sleeping with their backs to one another, such as to not hear the other snoring, nevertheless that does not mean that they are not secure in their coupledom. In fact, it has been found that couples who sleep back to back are seen to be very connected in their relationship.
Spooning and Swooning
Surprisingly spooning may be the most famed of sleeping positions for viewers of romantic movies, yet only 18 percent of couples in real life will sleep through a night like this. This position is viewed by experts as one in which the spooner dominates in the relationship over the spoonee. This is also seen as a position that gives in to vulnerabilities if one of the partners moves away from the other. Couple who continue sleeping in the spooning position will tend to let go a bit to sleep in a looser spoon position that shows trust.
Face to Face
Bedmates that sleep apart but facing each other shows a need for wanting better communication with each other. It’s as if you have fallen asleep wanting to speak to each other about life, yet never do. The face to face position shows that both partners long for more intimacy even when fast asleep.
III.Couples’ Sleeping Tips
- Combat snoring as a team. Snoring has been known to start wars in bed between partners so it is important to work on a way to fix the issue as a couple. Snoring is not only an inconvenience on the one listening to it, but it can also be a sign that the snorer has a more serious problem, such as sleep apnea or hypertension, that should be addressed by consulting a doctor. When told that the noisy one’s health is all clear, test out methods to combat the snoring. There are mouthpieces made to keep airways open and reduce snoring. Make sure that the snoring partner sleeps on his or her side. Side sleepers tend to snore a lot less than back sleepers. also, soft music or a white noise machine might help to cover up the snoring so both partners can achieve a good night’s sleep.
- Sometimes just by buying a new mattress will help couples to sleep better together. Perhaps your bed is old and sagging in the middle causing you both to roll uncomfortably towards the middle. Maybe it is just time to move from a Queen to a King size to allow more space for comfort. Consider purchasing the best mattress for couples which would generally be a universally firm bed. Memory foam will give to individual needs allowing for different weights and sleep positions to be totally supported.
- A cooler room will provide better sleep comfort for the couple. Two people in a bed will tend to heat up faster than the lone sleeper. When it gets hot under the sheets it does not necessarily mean that it’s time for love. It more often means one partner will be heated up tossing covers off and yelling at the other to stay away. Keeping the room just a bit cooler at night, but not too cold, will allow for a great sleep for everyone. If one partner is a bit colder then he or she can always add another blanket on their side of the bed for more warmth.
IV. Couples’ Sleeping FAQ’s
How can a couple deal with having different sleep schedules?
Whether different work schedules or just a night owl living with a morning person, having common courtesy will allow for all to sleep peacefully in the same bed together. The early bird should have clothes in an allocated place outside of the bedroom that will allow for no lights to be turned on. Likewise having a vibrating wrist alarm or a vibrating phone alarm placed by the pillow will wake the person needing to rise, while allowing sleeping beauty to sleep on. The partner going to bed late should take care to unclothe outside of the room and quietly slip into bed without disturbing the one already sleeping.
How do we not go to bed angry when having an argument?
Going to bed angry can just perpetuate an argument, causing sleep problems, and waking in the morning even angrier. It is most important to set the rule to never go to bed angry. Make an effort to resolve disagreements before going to sleep. This will prove beneficial for a good night’s sleep as well as improving the emotional wellbeing and communication in the relationship.
V. GhostBed Couples’Sleep Reviews
Partners sleeping together every night require the best mattress for couples that enriches their quality of sleep. A memory foam mattress allows for the best optimal support of the body’s contours. This makes it a best option for a bed that two will be sleeping in.
GhostBed is an ideal mattress for couples, with real customers reviewing their experience.
After undergoing three neck surgeries, Marc knew what it was like to live and sleep in constant pain. In 2001, after searching fruitlessly for a comfortable pillow and mattress that supported his neck and back ... Learn More
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $545 $409Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Boxspring with My Mattress: Foundation Choices
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- Three Step-Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- Memory Foam Mattress in a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- Guide: Why Buy a Split King Mattress Bed
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost?
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Remove Urine from Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect and Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- The Benefits and 4-Step Process to Rotating Your Mattress
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How to Save a Water Damaged Mattress During a Hurricane or Flood
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Which is Best: Memory Foam vs Spring Mattress
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2020
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Arthritis for 2020
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 4 Tips to Do When You Can't Sleep
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- 9 Sleep Tips When Feeling Sick & How to Recover Fast
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Why Supima Cotton Sheets and What’s It All About?
- Egyptian, Pima or Supima Cotton Bed Sheets: Which is Best for a Great Sleep?
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets