Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
Last Updated on October 13, 2020
When choosing a mattress, it is important get questions answered about different methods of shipping to make an informed decision.
Whether shopping for a bed in a brick and mortar store or online, there will always be questions about shipping a mattress. Purchasing your new memory foam mattress can fulfil dreams of finally getting that wonderful night’s sleep. While shopping for your dream bed you will be seeking answers to questions regarding memory foam mattresses to purchase the exact sleep home that will match your needs. Once you have narrowed down bed choices you will want to consider shipping choices such as mattress free shipping as well as how much does it cost to ship a mattress.
Mattress Shipping Questions Answered
Choices in shipping a mattress can help in your final decision of what memory foam bed to buy. Do you want a mattress delivered and placed in room or are you fine with having your new bed shipped to your curb or doorstep? It is important to factor in your shipping questions when deciding what mattress you will ultimately want to purchase.
What is curbside delivery?
As with choices in mattresses there are often choices in delivery often that affect free shipping versus paid. Many stores offer several options for shipping a mattress at different price points. Curbside delivery means that a truck will deliver your mattress to the curb outside of your home usually for a nominal fee that would be much less than a full set up and removal type of delivery. With curbside delivery, you must not only plan to be home to accept the shipment but also plan to have help ready to carry it inside your home and unbox it. It is important to understand that generally delivery charges are not refunded if wishing to return the mattress, even if within a set trial period.
Why use White Glove delivery?
White Glove or In-Home Setup is the ultimate in shipping choices and if the store charges this will be the most expensive delivery option. With White Glove, you will have to be home on the day when your shipment is scheduled to arrive. With the added cost, you can often arrange for a specific time of delivery as well. Your mattress will be carried into the room that you have planned for it. The delivery team will unpack and set up the mattress completely and remove all packaging materials from your premises. In addition, you will also have the option for removal of an old mattress sometimes for free but often for an additional fee. Keep in mind that any delivery charges are usually not refundable if you wish to return the mattress.
How does standard ground shipping work?
Standard ground shipping is delivery arranged via a parcel post service and is often free or for a very nominal fee. With the size of a mattress you will probably need to be home to accept the delivery or the truck driver will leave a tag on your door. You will also need help carrying the mattress into your home and into the room and then to be unwrapped and setup. Understand that if you want to return your mattress then you will have to pay for return ground shipping costs as well.
What are the advantages of bed-in-a-box shipping?
The memory foam bed-in-a-box offers the easiest, fastest and most convenient of shipping options. Once you place the order your mattress is compressed as it is rolled or folded to be vacuum sealed in plastic wrapping and then placed in a box normally around the size of a dorm room refrigerator. The box is small enough to leave at your door, just as any other parcel post item would be left, so you do not have to be home for delivery. Simply bring the box inside into the desired room that is to be home to the mattress and then unbox. The wrapped mattress is easily pulled out of the box. Place it on your foundation and carefully cut plastic wrapping. Within moments the memory foam bed will appear as if it is inflating and magically will become a showroom sized mattress in place and ready for sleep. The bed-in-a-box generally offers mattress free shipping as well as free pickup if you decide to return within the amazing long trial periods such as GhostBed’s 101-night risk free sleep trial.
After undergoing three neck surgeries, Marc knew what it was like to live and sleep in constant pain. In 2001, after searching fruitlessly for a comfortable pillow and mattress that supported his neck and back ... Learn More
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $595 $446Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Boxspring with My Mattress: Foundation Choices
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- Three Step-Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- Memory Foam Mattress in a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- Guide: Why Buy a Split King Mattress Bed
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost?
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Stains & Smells Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect and Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- The Benefits and 4-Step Process to Rotating Your Mattress
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How to Save a Water Damaged Mattress During a Hurricane or Flood
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Which is Best: Memory Foam vs Spring Mattress
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2020
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Arthritis for 2020
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 4 Tips to Do When You Can't Sleep
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- 9 Sleep Tips When Feeling Sick & How to Recover Fast
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Why Supima Cotton Sheets and What’s It All About?
- Egyptian, Pima or Supima Cotton Bed Sheets: Which is Best for a Great Sleep?
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets