GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
Last Updated on October 13, 2020
The bed-in-a-box memory foam mattresses have taken on amazing popularity thus bringing about more manufacturers looking to offer these beds. Memory foam has taken over as the mattress of choice over the traditional spring coil. Once a luxury at a high cost, memory foam beds are now being made affordable to all. With so many companies to choose from it is necessary for those looking to buy a mattress to read reviews to compare and ultimately make the best mattress selection to purchase.
Best Overall Mattress
Memory foam mattresses promise to increase a better sleep experience with the relief of some aches and pains. These types of beds generally allow for body weight to be evenly distributed in order to relieve stress on individual pressure points on the body. With amazing design, construction and a great price GhostBed clearly claims the winning spot over the thinner Yogabed mattress.
Chart that breaks down the Pros and Cons
Compiled as per Sleep Sherpa GhostBed and Yogabed reviews and Sleepopolis GhostBed and Yogabed reviews
|I. Price (Sleep Sherpa)||9.3||8.7|
|II. Materials/Durability (Sleepopolis)||9.0||7.0|
|II. Comfort (Sleepopolis)||9.0||8.0|
|IV. Warranty (Sleepopolis)||10||7.0|
|V. TRIAL PERIOD (Sleepopolis)||9.5||10|
No more need to spend a weekend shopping at the store for a mattress. The memory foam bed-in-a-box mattress can be ordered online, delivered free to your doorstep and instantly opened to sleep on. The mattress comes rolled up and vacuum sealed in a box that can easily be carried into the bedroom to be unpacked. The trial periods allow for you to make the ultimate choice of whether you want to keep your comfy bed or need to send it back. Sleep Sherpa and Sleepopolis have conducted the research and compiled reviews for shoppers to review in order to make the best choice possible between the GhostBed and Yogabed bed-in-a-box mattress.
|Twin XL||$795 $596||$574|
Longer but Narrow
With GhostBed you will certainly be getting your money’s worth of comfort. With a luxury height of 11-inches the price for GhostBed is much less than the thinner 10-inch high Yogabed. The standard six size choices in mattresses including Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King and Cal-King are offered by both companies. Both companies offer free shipping with orders as well.
GhostBed is clearly the winner compared to the lagging way behind Yogabed. Being manufactured by the parent company of Nature’s Sleep, with years of experience for quality constructing and designing of mattresses, really shows in the GhostBed quality. Sleepopolis details GhostBed’s construction, “By adding half of an inch to their comfort foams, the GhostBed is able to offer improved deep compression support for sleepers. Totaling 3.5″ of comfort foam, this mattress comes together for a very nice feel.”
Offering an affordable luxury sized 11-inch high mattress crafted with three layers seamlessly blended together, showcase the quality construction of GhostBed. The design of GhostBed allows for its mattress to have a luxurious feel. The three unique layers are expertly engineered to work together. The 1.5-inch top layer is made of aerated latex foam, specifically designed to be naturally responsive, plush and to provide cooling. A 2-inch middle layer is made of gel memory foam designed with a proprietary formula of larger cells to make it more reactive to the body for cooler nights. The 7.5-inch foundation layer is constructed from high density foam to allow for increased support and longevity.
Unlike most memory foam beds with their three layers of foam engineering, Yogabed constructs their mattresses with four layers using their own custom type of foams rather than the usual latex or memory foams.
Remember though more layers does not necessarily mean better. Sleepopolis notes, “Yogabed’s edge support is perhaps the weakest area of this mattress.”
A great feature for both the GhostBed and Yogabed is that their mattress covers that can be zipped off for machine washing.
Sleepopolis gives GhostBed a much better review for overall comfort than the lagging behind Yogabed.
As stated in the GhostBed comfort review by Sleepopolis, “The latex is instantly responsive, so it is the first line of defense to prevent any heat retention or stuck feeling, while also providing great comfort. The memory foam core below is slower to respond. However, once it is able to adapt to your shape and contour it creates a delightful body shaping support that works beautifully with the latex.”
Noting the 2016 redesign of Yogabed Sleepopolis explains, “Yogabed’s re-designed mattress for 2016 is significantly better than their original model. The firmness and feel is a more medium, hug/sinkage are better, and the overall comfort has been improved. However, the edge support isn’t great and the increased level of softness means there’s a deeper sinking feeling into the mattress.”
GhostBed is easily the winner offering a GhostBed Mattress 20-year warranty over Yogabed’s limited 10-year warranty.
GhostBed lives up to its wonderful customer service with an outstanding warranty. They promise to fully replace the mattress if found to have a defect in the first ten years of ownership to the original owner. For years 11 through 20 of ownership GhostBed provides additional coverage and protection, stating that they will either repair a defected mattress or replace it at a prorated cost.
The 10-year limited Yogabed warranty states many stipulations.
“If the warranty claim is made within the first two years of the date of delivery of the mattress, Yogabed will replace the mattress without charge for the mattress to the customer. If the warranty claim is made any time after two years up to and including five years from the date of delivery of the mattress, the prorated replacement charge to the customer is 30% of the original price paid for the mattress. If the warranty claim is made any time after five years up to and including eight years from the date of delivery of the mattress, the prorated replacement charge to the customer is 50% of the original price paid. If the warranty claim is made any time after eight years up to and including ten years from the date of delivery of the mattress, the prorated replacement charge to the customer is 75% of the original price paid.
V. Trial Period
GhostBed is known for their spectacular 101-day sleep trial period but asks for owners to take 30 to 60 nights to get used to the mattress before ultimately making a final decision to return. Yogabed clearly gets winning points for allowing people to have a full year of 365 night no risk trial. They do ask that you give the bed at least 30 nights to try out before returning. Both companies will pick up mattress and refund 100-percent for those wishing to return within the trial period.
* Some of the reviewers may have affiliate relationships with GhostBed and receive a commission, similar with other mattress suppliers and consistent with industry practices.
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $595 $446Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Boxspring with My Mattress: Foundation Choices
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- Three Step-Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- Memory Foam Mattress in a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- Guide: Why Buy a Split King Mattress Bed
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost?
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Stains & Smells Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect and Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- The Benefits and 4-Step Process to Rotating Your Mattress
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How to Save a Water Damaged Mattress During a Hurricane or Flood
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Which is Best: Memory Foam vs Spring Mattress
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2020
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Arthritis for 2020
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 4 Tips to Do When You Can't Sleep
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- 9 Sleep Tips When Feeling Sick & How to Recover Fast
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Why Supima Cotton Sheets and What’s It All About?
- Egyptian, Pima or Supima Cotton Bed Sheets: Which is Best for a Great Sleep?
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets