GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
Last Updated on September 26, 2022
No longer are the spring coil mattresses the bedding of choice since the NASA invention of memory foam promising to relieve aches and pains for a restful sleep. This has prompted people to seek the mattress that touts complete comfort. Permitting for the even support of the body’s weight in promoting great sleep, memory foam mattresses are quickly gaining in popularity.
Best Overall Mattress
The battle of the memory foam mattresses is on, and although Tempur-pedic may have the name recognition it does not necessarily mean they are the overall best. The reviews certainly speak up loud and clear in favor of GhostBed over Tempur-pedic. GhostBed rules as far as price, ease of ordering, warranty and with its amazing trial period. Although you can purchase online, with Tempur-pedic one is urged to go the old fashioned retail store route of shopping with sales people and trying out their mattress choices for a showroom moment. The pros favor GhostBed as the winner over Tempur-pedic for its overall price, construction, comfort and its amazing trial period.
If you must have a choice is mattress options, and have unlimited funds in which to purchase a mattress, then you may want to look at the Tempur-pedic, but for the price, durability and comfort the GhostBed certainly comes out the victor.
Chart that breaks down the Pros and Cons
Compiled as per Sleep Sherpa GhostBed and Tempur-Pedic reviews and Mattress Clarity GhostBed and Tempur-Pedic reviews and Memory Foam Talk GhostBed and Tempur-Pedic reviews
|I. Price (Mattress Foam Talk)||9.9||7|
|II. Materials/Durability (Mattress Clarity)||9.2||7.6|
|II. Comfort (Mattress Foam Talk)||9.5||9.5|
|IV. Warranty (Mattress Clarity)||9.6||7|
|V. TRIAL PERIOD (Sleep Sherpa)||9||3|
With Tempur-pedic leading the way for the memory foam mattress revolution, it is trailing behind in the competition with the newer bed-in-a-box brands of memory foam mattresses. Memory foam allows for beds to be bendable so the foam mattress can be folded compactly and vacuum sealed into a box. The box is then delivered to shopper’s front door within days of ordering online. Tempur-pedic still relies on the retail store method of sales. Memory Foam Talk, Sleep Sherpa, and Mattress Clarity breaks down the ratings of Tempur-pedic versus GhostBed.
|Twin XL||$1,140 $798||$1,899|
Longer but Narrow
*Price might not reflect current promotion
For its cost one certainly would expect the designer appeal of Tempur-pedic’s good looks. A pleasant surprise is GhostBed’s even nicer designer quilted mattress cover. Both companies have mattress covers that zip off for easy machine washing but with GhostBed it will be costing you a lot less and with a nicer quilted cover as opposed to Tempur-pedic’s thin cotton one.
Tempur-pedic’s website can be a bit overwhelming and does not give much information about actual construction of their mattresses. According to Memory Foam Talk Tempur-pedic’s Cloud Lux Breeze is crafted from three layers. The top TEMPUR-ES Breeze layer is said to be a cooling layer although it is all memory foam with no gel that is normally used for cooling. The middle TEMPUR-Climate layer is a support layer and the foundation layer is made of a 7-pound foam base, said to be the heaviest and thickest in the industry.
GhostBed wins over its boxed mattress competitors with a hefty 11-inch high mattress. With three layers of its own to provide a delightful sleep, GhostBed is very forthcoming about its mattress construction. The 1.5-inch top layer is made of aerated latex foam, specifically designed to be naturally responsive, plush and to provide cooling. A 2-inch middle layer is made of gel memory foam designed with a proprietary formula of larger cells to make it more reactive to the body for cooler nights. The 7.5-inch foundation layer is constructed from high density foam to allow for increased support and longevity. As stated by Memory Foam Talk, “Overall, the GhostBed has very high quality materials and construction.”
“One of the key items of GhostBed is that it is made by Nature’s Sleep, a mattress company that has been around for a number of years,” as noted by Mattress Clarity.
Comfort is key to achieving the best sleep possible with requirements that change depending on each individuals needs and wants. Where Tempur-pedic has multiple mattress choices, GhostBed specifically has designed a singular high quality mattress that is crafted to fit just about all sleeping preferences making it perfect for partners sharing a bed. Concluded by Memory Foam Talk, “The Breeze top layer is soft and you do sink into it upon laying on the mattress,” furthering, “It doesn’t have any special technology or feel super luxurious like you would think for the money,” referring to the high cost of Tempur-pedic. Memory Foam Talk speaks highly about GhostBed’s comfort, “The GhostBed has a very soft and comfortable exterior and when you lie down on it the latex and gel foam layers work together to provide a balanced feel in most sleeping positions.” Sleep Sherpa states in their GhostBed review, “The combination of cooling gel foam below ventilated latex is a nice touch.”
GhostBed clearly comes out on top with its GhostBed Mattress 20-year warranty opposed to Tempur-pedic’s 10-year full replacement limited warranty. The Tempur-pedic warranty allows for repair or replacement of defective mattress for 10 full years. GhostBed really stands behind their product, promising to fully replace the mattress if found to have a defect in the first ten years of ownership to the original owner. For years 11 through 20 of ownership GhostBed provides additional coverage and protection, stating that they will either repair a defected mattress or replace it at a prorated cost.
V. Trial Period
With 101-day sleep trial, GhostBed certainly tops Tempur-pedic’s 90-night tryout. Also showing GhostBed’s confidence in their mattress is that if you are not fully satisfied within the 101-day sleep trial period you may return the mattress for full reimbursement including shipping costs. Tempur-pedic also will refund the cost of their mattress within their sleep tryout of 90 days but you will have to pay shipping costs. Tempur-pedic does request that one sleeps on the mattress for at least 30 nights to really get a good feel for it. Stated by GhostBed, “We suggest taking 30 to 60 nights to make your decision, but we’ve given you 101 nights to relax and enjoy it.”
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $995 $697Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- GhostBed’s Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Box Spring with My Mattress?
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- The 3-Step Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- 4 Reasons to Buy a Mattress-in-a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- What is a Split King Mattress & Is it Worth It?
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost? (2022 Guide)
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- What is a Hybrid Mattress?
- Are Split Beds Good for Couples? 3 Reasons We Love Them
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect & Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Flip or Rotate Your Mattress (and Why You Should)
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Why Mattresses Sag (and What to Do About It)
- Battle of the Beds: Memory Foam vs. Spring Mattresses
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Natural vs. Awara Premier Natural Hybrid Mattress
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping With Your Head Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- 6 Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- What Kind of Mattress Works with an Adjustable Bed?
- How to Use a Bed Frame with an Adjustable Base
- How to Elevate Your Legs While Sleeping On Your Side
- Can You Get a Mattress with Two Different Firmness Levels?
- Sleeping With Your Legs Elevated: Is It a Bad Idea?
- How to Hide an Adjustable Bed Frame: 4 Design Tips
- Do You Need Special Sheets for an Adjustable Bed?
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2021
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for Arthritis & Joint Pain
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Guide: How to Choose the Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: The Best Mattress for Fibromyalgia (+ Tips for Great Sleep)
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 4 Tips to Do When You Can't Sleep
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- Sleeping When You’re Sick: How to Get the Rest You Need
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- How to Use a Headboard With an Adjustable Base
- 6 Surprising Reasons Why You Can't Get Comfortable in Your Bed
- How to Train Yourself to Sleep on Your Back
- Sleeping in a Chair: Is it Bad for You?
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- The Ultimate Guide to Pillowcases
- Guide: 3 Key Benefits of Silk Pillowcases
- Guide: How to Choose the Best Silk Pillowcase
- Silk Pillowcases: Your Newest Beauty Secret
- Guide: What is Mulberry Silk?
- How to Care for Your Silk Pillowcase
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Supima Cotton
- Guide to Cotton Sheets: What to Know About Egyptian, Pima and Supima
- Does Thread Count Really Matter?
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets
- Guide to TENCEL® Sheets: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Shop for Sheets that Don't Pill
- What Are OEKO-TEX® Sheets?
- Mattress Toppers: What Are They & Are They Worth It?
- Guide: How to Select the Best Mattress Topper
- 5 Ways to Make Your Mattress More Comfortable
- How Do I Make My “Hot” Mattress Sleep Cooler?
- How to Care for Your Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Dorm Shopping 101: Selecting the Best Mattress Topper
- Weighted Blanket Guide: How to Choose the Right Size & Weight
- Benefits of Weighted Blankets for Autism
- 10 Health-Boosting Benefits of Weighted Blankets
- 4 Ways to Make Your RV Bed More Comfortable
- Sleeping on the Road: A Guide to Mattress Sizes for RVs and More
- 7 Hacks For Sleeping Cool in Your RV
- Guide: 7 Road Trip Essentials for Your Next RV Trip
- Guide: How to Shop for RV Bedding
- What is a Short Queen Mattress? Your Guide to the Popular RV Size
- 5 Things to Ask Yourself Before Replacing Your RV Mattress