GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
Last Updated on October 13, 2020
Memory foam mattresses are quickly taking over as the mattress of choice over the traditional spring coil mattress. Unlike the spring mattresses, memory foam allows for complete comfort by permitting for the even support of the body’s weight. People are gravitating towards the NASA invention of memory foam in their quest to relieve aches and pains for the most restful sleep possible.
Best Overall Mattress
As the memory foam mattresses are gaining in popularity as the bed of choice, so are the mattress bed-in-the-box wars. Upon first look at a side by side comparison GhostBed with its 11-inch high mattress dominates over the 10-inch Leesa mattress. Both have comfortable and attractive mattress covers but GhostBed’s is removable for easy washing. Underneath the decorative covers the GhostBed certainly rules in the reviews for superior materials and durability, as well as better price. The pros vote for GhostBed as the winner over Leesa.
Chart that breaks down the Pros and Cons
Compiled as per Sleep Sherpa, Mattress Clarity and Top10 Reviews
|I. Price (Mattress Clarity)||10||9.4|
|II. Materials/Durability (Mattress Clarity)||9.2||7.6|
|II. Comfort (Top 10 Reviews)||9.4||8.8|
|IV. Warranty (Mattress Clarity)||9.6
20 Year Warranty
10 Year Warranty
|V. TRIAL PERIOD (Sleep Sherpa for GhostBed)||9||9|
Unlike the traditional spring mattress, the memory foam mattress is bendable and pliable allowing it to be compacted to fit into a box for shoppers to purchase online and easily have it delivered to their front door. Below is a breakdown of the main components Sleep Sherpa and Mattress Clarity use to conduct their mattress test.
|Twin XL||$795 $596||$695|
Longer but Narrow
At 11-inches high GhostBed wins in substantial looks over Leesa’s 10-inch high mattress. With Leesa’s own trademark Avena foam top layer The Sleep Sherpa review notes, “This is what gives the Leesa Mattress its unique bouncy soft feel that you won’t find anywhere else.” Proving to be a winner is The Sleep Sherpa conclusion in their GhostBed review stating, “The GhostBed is a solid choice for people who want some bounce in their mattress but also want the advantages of a memory foam bed.” Both beds are crafted from three layers of unique foam to make up their mattress.
The GhostBed mattress is made with a 1.5-inch continuous aerated latex foam top layer that is made specifically to not retain heat. The top layer sits on 2-inches of a gel memory foam layer designed to comfort the body for a cooler night’s sleep. The base layer is created from a 7.5-inch high density foam for increased support and longevity. Leesa states that their 2-inches of Avena polyurethane foam as the top layer allows for a cooler night’s sleep. The middle layer is crafted from 2-inches of memory foam. For Leesa’s foundation layer they use high density support foam in a 6-inch high base.
“One of the key items of GhostBed is that it is made by Nature’s Sleep, a mattress company that has been around for a number of years,” as noted by Mattress Clarity.
Although both beds have designer looking mattress covers, only GhostBed’s is designed and made to zip off for easy machine washing. GhostBed also offers a matching foundation to purchase, which Leesa does not.
Comfort means different things for different people. Back, side and stomach sleepers all want a mattress that is constructed specifically for them. While some prefer a very firm mattress while others want something to sink into. The design basis behind both Leesa and GhostBed is to develop and create a singular mattress that will fit all sleep types. This is perfect for those who share a bed.
Both Mattress Clarity and The Sleep Sherpa have given GhostBed great comfort reviews. As stated by Mattress Clarity in their GhostBed review, “The GhostBed bounces back fairly quickly (for a foam mattress) due to the top layer of latex. The extra spring is enough to make sure you avoid that ‘stuck’ feeling that is common in memory foam mattresses” continuing, “The firmness is at a point where it’s comfortable to sleep in any position.” Sleep Sherpa adds to their GhostBed review, “The combination of cooling gel foam below ventilated latex is a nice touch.”
Comfort is a very personal choice. While many state that they want a solidly firm mattress, just as many are looking for bounce and cushion. The heart of the design behind both GhostBed and Leesa is to create and manufacture a singular mattress that will fit all sleep preferences. This is perfect for those who share a bed.
Mattress Clarity and The Sleep Sherpa have given both GhostBed and Leesa great comfort reviews. As stated by Mattress Clarity in their GhostBed review, “The GhostBed bounces back fairly quickly (for a foam mattress) due to the top layer of latex. The extra spring is enough to make sure you avoid that ‘stuck’ feeling that is common in memory foam mattresses” continuing, “The firmness is at a point where it’s comfortable to sleep in any position.” At a slightly higher comfort rating Mattress Clarity note’s about Leesa, “It has one of the best balances of comfort and support, and is actually very comfortable in all of the three main sleeping positions.” Sleep Sherpa adds to their GhostBed review, “The combination of cooling gel foam below ventilated latex is a nice touch.”
Although Mattress Clarity tied both GhostBed and Leesa in its warranty review, it is clear with the astounding GhostBed Mattress 20-year warranty versus Leesa’s 10-year warranty, that GhostBed has the best warranty. GhostBed promises to fully replace the mattress if found to have a defect in the first ten years of ownership to the original owner. Leesa only promises to replace their mattress if it cannot be repaired. GhostBed goes much further, providing additional coverage and protection for years 11 through 20 of ownership in which they will either repair a defected mattress or replace it at a prorated cost.
V. Trial Period
Having substantial trial periods really allows you to get to know your mattress in the comfort of your own home. Both GhostBed and Leesa offer great trial periods with GhostBed allowing for 101-day sleep test and Leesa boasting a 100-night trial. This certainly allows for you to really decide if the mattress you choose really does provide the ultimate night’s sleep. GhostBed and Leesa both allow for one to request to return within the trial period to have the mattress picked up at no cost and receive a full refund. GhostBed, as with Leesa request that you try the mattress for a minimum of 30 nights in order to really ascertain if you and your mattress are a perfect match.
Stated by GhostBed, “We suggest taking 30 to 60 nights to make your decision, but we’ve given you 101 nights to relax and enjoy it.”
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $595 $446Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Boxspring with My Mattress: Foundation Choices
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- Three Step-Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- Memory Foam Mattress in a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- Guide: Why Buy a Split King Mattress Bed
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost?
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Stains & Smells Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect and Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- The Benefits and 4-Step Process to Rotating Your Mattress
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How to Save a Water Damaged Mattress During a Hurricane or Flood
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Which is Best: Memory Foam vs Spring Mattress
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2020
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Arthritis for 2020
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 4 Tips to Do When You Can't Sleep
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- 9 Sleep Tips When Feeling Sick & How to Recover Fast
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Why Supima Cotton Sheets and What’s It All About?
- Egyptian, Pima or Supima Cotton Bed Sheets: Which is Best for a Great Sleep?
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets