GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
Last Updated on May 9, 2022
Just as memory foam mattresses have taken hold as the sleeping surface of choice, for additional comfort, the adjustable base is now being sought out to create an outstanding bedroom experience. With the benefits of an adjustable base, the bedroom has become the favorite room in the home for not only sleep, but work, relaxation, and even dining.
I. Price (Mattress Clarity)
II. Materials/ Durability (Mattress Clarity)
III. Comfort (Mattress Clarity)
IV. Warranty (Mattress Clarity)
Best Overall Adjustable Base
Listening to the buying public, bed manufacturers have stepped up their game in creating mattresses and adjustable bases that add a new meaning to bedtime. The best adjustable base turns the bed into an extra-large reclining chair in which one cannot only get a wonderful night’s sleep, but also charge up devices – with USB ports, and charge up themselves with built-in massage.
Both GhostBed and Lucid pride themselves on offering products at a reasonable cost. Pricing for the adjustable base is the same for both companies. Lucid and GhostBed each offer Twin XL and Queen sizes. GhostBed offers a split King size as well by pairing two Twin XLs. Both companies offer easy ordering online with quick free delivery to one’s door.
GhostBed stepped up its game offering a luxury styled adjustable base at the same low price as Lucid’s L300 bare bones base. Adding to GhostBed base’s quality, its lifetime warranty, and fully appointed add-ons, clearly shows GhostBed as the winner compared to the no frills Lucid adjustable base.
Although similar in appearance, GhostBed has proved its worth with extras found in more expensive brands. Comparing the GhostBed and Lucid remotes one easily can see why GhostBed earns kudos over Lucid for selling a luxury styled, well-equipped, adjustable base for such an affordable price.
If you cannot handle a remote that offers extra memory positions, massage, under bed lighting, and more then maybe the Lucid L300, with its bare bones old-fashioned remote, is the base for you. Those seeking the best of comfort, with extras like massage, makes GhostBed the victor for its adjustable base.
Although close in price and free delivery it is important to note that one gets much more for their money with the GhostBed base then they will with the Lucid. With such extras like massage, extra memory positions, and preset positions, it is obvious why the GhostBed adjustable base comes out ahead when comparing price.
The GhostBed adjustable base and Lucid adjustable base are very alike in appearance. The single standout upon first look of the Queen size is that GhostBed has one retainer bar and Lucid has two. Both bases are constructed with a grey fabric covering and tubular legs. The GhostBed and Lucid each allow for up to 750-pound weight capacity.
Both bases come with USB charging ports and remotes that include a flashlight, but this is where the similarities end. GhostBed steps up on quality with extra anti-skid decking to assure that a mattress will stay in place on its 100-percent steel constructed frame. The GhostBed also has under bed lighting controlled by remote.
The wireless remotes for the Lucid and GhostBed bases are notably different. With its remote Lucid only offers head and foot control, one memory position, a flat position button, and a flashlight. In addition to head and foot controls, and a flat position, the backlit GhostBed remote features two memory positions and three preset positions – including zero-gravity. The GhostBed remote also includes buttons for head and foot massage, as well as a button for massage modes and a timer setting.
GhostBed explicitly explains that its base uses a common 110 volts plug with a battery backup to allow bed to return to flat position in case there is a loss of electric. Lucid makes no mention if their base can adjust to a flat position in case of power outage.
There is no comparison for the quality and extras one gets with a GhostBed Adjustable Base at the same price as the no-frills Lucid base. GhostBed definitely wins for its attention to construction quality, details, and extras.
The purpose for purchasing an adjustable base is the desire for comfort. Health issues involving heart, back, legs, neck, and stomach can easily be soothed with positioning of the head and feet using the wireless remote.
USB ports that allow for easy device charging are found in both the GhostBed and Lucid bases. The GhostBed base is built with added recessed soothing massage units for head and foot and a choice of modes to control with the remote.
While Lucid offers a base and remote that allows for movement of the head and feet it only allows for one memory setting and does not provide extra soothing comfort of massage. With three presets, along and two additional personal memory settings, the GhostBed remote can easily find a favorite position.
Aiming to provide comfort is reason that GhostBed and Lucid are now offering adjustable bases. With its many extra comfort amenities for the same price as Lucid, GhostBed most certainly comes out the winner in providing the best of comfort.
The GhostBed Adjustable Base Limited Lifetime Warranty allows for the steel and mechanical base parts to be covered for life if they are found to be defective. In addition, GhostBed offers a full one year warranty on parts, labor, and freight in which they will repair or replace any parts discovered defective with no extra cost to consumer. A limited year two warranty from GhostBed covers the replacement of any defective parts but does not include labor and freight.
Lucid’s ten-year warranty is no comparison for the GhostBed warranty. Lucid simply states that it provides an “extensive 10-year pro-rated warranty.”
The lifetime warranty for the GhostBed adjustable base places GhostBed at the top.
After undergoing three neck surgeries, Marc knew what it was like to live and sleep in constant pain. In 2001, after searching fruitlessly for a comfortable pillow and mattress that supported his neck and back ... Learn More
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $945 $662Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- GhostBed’s Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Box Spring with My Mattress?
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- The 3-Step Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- 4 Reasons to Buy a Mattress-in-a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- What is a Split King Mattress & Is it Worth It?
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost? (2022 Guide)
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- What is a Hybrid Mattress?
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect & Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Flip or Rotate Your Mattress (and Why You Should)
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Battle of the Beds: Memory Foam vs. Spring Mattresses
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Natural vs. Awara Premier Natural Hybrid Mattress
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping With Your Head Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- 6 Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- What Kind of Mattress Works with an Adjustable Bed?
- How to Use a Bed Frame with an Adjustable Base
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2021
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for Arthritis & Joint Pain
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Guide: How to Choose the Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: The Best Mattress for Fibromyalgia (+ Tips for Great Sleep)
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What Is the Best Side to Sleep on for Your Health?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 4 Tips to Do When You Can't Sleep
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- Sleeping When You’re Sick: How to Get the Rest You Need
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- How to Use a Headboard With an Adjustable Base
- 6 Surprising Reasons Why You Can't Get Comfortable in Your Bed
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- The Ultimate Guide to Pillowcases
- Guide: 3 Key Benefits of Silk Pillowcases
- Guide: How to Choose the Best Silk Pillowcase
- Silk Pillowcases: Your Newest Beauty Secret
- Guide: What is Mulberry Silk?
- How to Care for Your Silk Pillowcase
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Supima Cotton
- Guide to Cotton Sheets: What to Know About Egyptian, Pima and Supima
- Does Thread Count Really Matter?
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets
- Guide to TENCEL® Sheets: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Shop for Sheets that Don't Pill
- Mattress Toppers: What Are They & Are They Worth It?
- Guide: How to Select the Best Mattress Topper
- 5 Ways to Make Your Mattress More Comfortable
- How Do I Make My “Hot” Mattress Sleep Cooler?
- How to Care for Your Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Weighted Blanket Guide: How to Choose the Right Size & Weight
- Benefits of Weighted Blankets for Autism
- 10 Health-Boosting Benefits of Weighted Blankets