GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
Last Updated on May 9, 2022
The adjustable bed base is now being sought out by consumers looking to add even more comfort factors as a mate to their pliable memory foam mattress. With built-in massage, TV, and zero-gravity positions, along with other options, the adjustable base allows for the bed to be the heart of the home to enjoy work, play, and relaxation.
Best Overall Adjustable Base
To win over consumers seeking the most comfortable of bed experience, bedding manufacturers are working hard in the efforts to build the best adjustable base. Just as the memory foam mattress has gained popularity, the adjustable foundation is now being sought for its many benefits for health, lifestyle, and better sleep.
The GhostBed adjustable base is certainly is the best overall winner when compared to the similar Leesa adjustable bed. At just first look the hundreds less price of the GhostBed base easily wins points over Leesa. Upon further investigation, GhostBed’s many built in options over the basic, no-frills at all, Leesa base proves that the GhostBed adjustable base is the winner.
To top off GhostBed’s lead over Leesa is their limited lifetime warranty compared to Leesa’s 25-year limited warranty. Both companies offer delivery to one’s doorstep within days of ordering. Leesa does offer an optional white-glove delivery for an extra $100 to schedule delivery and setup. Although one can easily pay an independent contractor the same $100 to construct the easy-to-assemble GhostBed base.
II. Features Breakdown
III. Materials/ Durability
|Twin XL (38" X 80")||$1,499 $1,124||$995|
|Queen (60" X 80")||$1,699 $1,274||$1,095|
|Split King (2 – Twin XL) (76” X 80”)||$2,998 $2,249||$1795|
GhostBed clearly wins for their low price compared to the Leesa adjustable base.
II. Features Breakdown
|Massage Modes||15 Modes||No|
|Massage Intensity Levels||10, 20 and 30 minute timers for auto shut down||No|
|Tilts||Head & Foot||Head & Foot|
|Factory Preset Positions||3 – TV, Zero Gravity, Lounge||No|
|Memory Custom Programmable Positions||2||No|
|Remote||Wireless, Backlit, 18 functions||Wireless, basic up-down functions|
|Emergency Power Down||Yes – Auto to flat in power outage||No|
|Sync Capable||Yes – Two Twin XL can be synced for one King||Yes – Two Twin XL can be synced for one King|
|Height Adjustability||Fixed 12 inches||Yes|
|No. of Legs||6||6|
|USB Ports||Yes – On each side||No|
|Motor Capacity||750 lbs lift capacity||850 lbs lift capacity|
|Mattress Retention System||Anti-Skid Decking, Retainer Bar||Micro-Hook Strips, Retainer Bar|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime – Steel Frame, Mechanical Base Parts
Full 1 year – Parts, Labor, Freight Limited 2nd year – Parts
|Full 1 year – Parts, Labor, Freight Limited 2nd & 3rd year – Parts
25-Year Limited – Steel Frame, Mech Base Parts
|Delivery||To door – less than 1 week from ordering||To door – less than 1 week from ordering|
At first notice the GhostBed adjustable base looks more durable in its appearance of a loftier height over the Leesa base. Both bases have nice fabric wrapped covers that are a neutral shade of grey to fit with any décor. Each base is shipped ready to assemble.
Assembling is easy for both with no tools required for the GhostBed and any tools required come with the Leesa base. It is recommended that two people are needed to lift the weighty bases but one person can easily put each company’s base together. GhostBed makes it a bit simpler with linking bolts that simply turn down and slide into brackets to connect sections. Leesa is slightly more difficult to assemble, requiring one to insert pins into bolts that connect sections through holes in hinges so that all is aligned properly.
Both bases can handle a lot of weight with the Leesa handling a bit more at an 850-pound lift capacity over GhostBed’s max of 750 pounds. It should be noted that GhostBed specifically makes mention that its frame is constructed from 100-percent steel. Each company has designed their frame with six tubular feet. The GhostBed feet are a fixed 12-inch height and Leesa’s offer adjustability.
GhostBed and Leesa both have mattress retainers that are easily placed at foot of bed to assure that mattress will not slip. Added anti slip technology is provided with the GhostBed adding a full anti-skid decking to hold any mattress in place, and Leesa providing two Micro-Hook strips to aid in keeping mattress from slipping. A necessary mention is that a mattress must be Micro-Hook friendly for the strips to do their job.
Under bed lighting is a nice feature offered on both company’s bases. Only GhostBed offers built in USB ports on each side of their base.
Wireless remotes come with both the GhostBed and Leesa. GhostBed certainly wins with its wonderful array of remote features compared to the Leesa remote that simply just allows to raise and lower feet and head.
The Leesa base has a 120-volt input compared to GhostBed’s common 110 volts plug with a battery backup. In case of a power outage the GhostBed adjustable base will automatically revert to the flat position, while the Leesa will not.
As with buying the best memory foam mattress, it is comfort that is impelling folks to purchase an adjustable bed base. The GhostBed base certainly comes out way above the Leesa for comfort. Just comparing remotes one will see that GhostBed is a winner in providing comfort. While both remotes are wireless only GhostBed offers comfort features.
In addition to being backlit, the GhostBed remote has 18 functions compared to just the basic up-down functions of the Leesa remote and base. Those with health problem from snoring to an aching back with appreciate the extra GhostBed features.
Along with preset TV, zero-gravity, and lounge positions, the GhostBed remote allows for to memory custom programmable positions. Leesa only offers basic up-down with no other reset or programmable positions. While Leesa offers no massage, GhostBed has 15 modes of massage that work with recessed soothing massage units inside adjustable base to cater to head and feet.
GhostBed allows for no more disturbing a partner in the middle of the night when a light is needed. To aid in the comfort of a dark room is a remote flashlight built into the GhostBed remote that the Leesa remote lacks.
GhostBed definitely wins with its GhostBed Adjustable Base Limited Lifetime Warranty over Leesa’s 25-Year Limited Warranty. The GhostBed warranty includes a full one year warranty on parts, labor, and freight. In the first year of ownership GhostBed will repair or replace any parts discovered defective with no extra cost to consumer. A limited year two warranty from GhostBed covers the replacement of any defective parts less labor and freight. The GhostBed Adjustable Base Limited Lifetime Warranty covers steel and mechanical base parts for life if they are found to be defective.
Leesa Warranty covers steel and mechanical base parts for only 25 years if they are deemed defective. Like GhostBed, the Leesa warranty includes a full first year coverage on parts, labor, and freight. For years two and three Leesa will cover parts that are defective – less labor and freight.
* Some of the reviewers may have affiliate relationships with GhostBed and receive a commission, similar with other mattress suppliers and consistent with industry practices.
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $945 $662Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- GhostBed’s Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Box Spring with My Mattress?
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- The 3-Step Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- 4 Reasons to Buy a Mattress-in-a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- What is a Split King Mattress & Is it Worth It?
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost? (2022 Guide)
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- What is a Hybrid Mattress?
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect & Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Flip or Rotate Your Mattress (and Why You Should)
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Battle of the Beds: Memory Foam vs. Spring Mattresses
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Natural vs. Awara Premier Natural Hybrid Mattress
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping With Your Head Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- 6 Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- What Kind of Mattress Works with an Adjustable Bed?
- How to Use a Bed Frame with an Adjustable Base
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2021
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for Arthritis & Joint Pain
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Guide: How to Choose the Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: The Best Mattress for Fibromyalgia (+ Tips for Great Sleep)
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What Is the Best Side to Sleep on for Your Health?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 4 Tips to Do When You Can't Sleep
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- Sleeping When You’re Sick: How to Get the Rest You Need
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- How to Use a Headboard With an Adjustable Base
- 6 Surprising Reasons Why You Can't Get Comfortable in Your Bed
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- The Ultimate Guide to Pillowcases
- Guide: 3 Key Benefits of Silk Pillowcases
- Guide: How to Choose the Best Silk Pillowcase
- Silk Pillowcases: Your Newest Beauty Secret
- Guide: What is Mulberry Silk?
- How to Care for Your Silk Pillowcase
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Supima Cotton
- Guide to Cotton Sheets: What to Know About Egyptian, Pima and Supima
- Does Thread Count Really Matter?
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets
- Guide to TENCEL® Sheets: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Shop for Sheets that Don't Pill
- Mattress Toppers: What Are They & Are They Worth It?
- Guide: How to Select the Best Mattress Topper
- 5 Ways to Make Your Mattress More Comfortable
- How Do I Make My “Hot” Mattress Sleep Cooler?
- How to Care for Your Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Weighted Blanket Guide: How to Choose the Right Size & Weight
- Benefits of Weighted Blankets for Autism
- 10 Health-Boosting Benefits of Weighted Blankets