Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
Last Updated on August 2, 2020
Do you snore? Read our comprehensive guide on how to stop snoring, along with the best mattress to buy to help snorers.
I. Snoring Risks
II. Sleep Positions to Prevent Snoring
III. Tips to Reduce Snoring
IV. Snoring FAQ’s
V. GhostBed Snoring Sleeper Reviews
Everyone wants a nice sound night of sleep, but those who sleep with someone who snores knows way too well what it is like to have his or her sleep constantly interrupted. Even some of those snoring can tell you that when it gets loud they will wake themselves up.
There are many beliefs about snoring. The most common being is that it is unhealthy, but, believe it or not, there have also been benefits discovered for those who snore. Researchers have found that snoring can burn calories. Most important to know is that with best mattress for snoring sleep can be improved for all to maintain the best of health.
I. Snoring Risks
Snoring is commonly a sign of having sleep apnea. This is a chronic disorder that occurs with the blocking of the airway causing breathing to stop and restart repeatedly during sleep. Signs of sleep apnea are if you snore very loud and are tired even after a full period of sleep. This disorder has the risk of causing arrhythmia, or an irregular heartbeat.
Snoring can be a telltale sign that someone may be prone to have a stroke. A sleep study concluded that some who are heavy snorers snore due to plaque causing the arteries in the neck to narrow. Hence, the louder the snoring the bigger likelihood that you may possibly have a stroke.
With snorers being prone to sleep apnea, they are also more likely to have cardiovascular problems. Snorers are often seen to have high blood pressure and coronary artery disease. These problems could eventually lead to a heart attack.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD
The throat may not be closing as it should in those who are diagnosed with snoring related sleep apnea. With the breathing stopping and starting it is also disturbing the flow of air, which in turn forces stomach contents to come back up through the esophagus. This is most common in those who are overweight and can be resolved by dieting.
Surprisingly snoring can not only cause a headache for those listening to the snorer, but also to snorers themselves. One study has revealed that people who commonly snore are also prone to waking up with a headache.
II. Sleep Positions to Prevent Snoring
Although this is the position that often causes worse snoring one can certainly remain on their back and prevent snoring simply by raising their head about four inches. Propping the head up will reduce nasal congestion that causes snoring. Use pillow to prop the head up or an adjustable base that will raise the head up.
The side is said to be the best position to prevent snoring. Bedmates know this as they are kept up all night pushing their snoring ben partner over onto his or her side. Lying in the side position helps to keep the mouth closed and stop the snoring.
Sleeping on the stomach may cause a sore neck but it is a great position to put an end to snoring and sleep apnea. Although a common position for children, only about seven percent of adults find this to be a comfortable position.
III. Tips to Reduce Snoring
- Simply by changing a sleep position can cut down or stop snoring. If you are a back sleeper you can train yourself to prefer sleeping on the side by using the tennis ball trick. Tape or stich a tennis ball to the back of your night shirt. Every time you attempt to roll back onto your back the ball will prevent you from doing so.
- Use a humidifier in the room while sleeping. Dry air will cause a dry throat and nose, which in turn will cause snoring. The humidifier will add much needed moist air to circulate and will provide a more peaceful and healthy sleep.
- Those who are overweight are more prone to snore. Extra fatty tissue blocks airways and causes snoring. Cut down the calories and lose a few pounds to sleep healthier.
- Special mouth pieces made specifically to stop snoring have been shown to work. These come in a variety of different types from a dentist made custom fit appliance to kits that can be ordered or purchased at a drug store. The mouth piece works by forcing the airway to stay open properly during sleep.
- Alcohol and sedatives may make you feel relaxed but they also are relaxing throat tissue as well which will then cause snoring. Experts suggest stopping the drinking of alcohol at least two hours before going to sleep.
IV. Snoring FAQ’s
Will getting more sleep help prevent snoring?
It is vital to have a healthy sleep routine, so if you are not sleeping the full number of hours to be fully rested, then yes getting more sleep will help prevent snoring. Try going to bed a bit earlier or waking up later. Prepare to set a goal of approximately eight hours of sleep every night.
Could buying a new mattress help to stop snoring?
If you are sleeping on an uncomfortable mattress, then you certainly are not going to have the best sleep which also means you will be more prone to snore. Check your mattress for signs of aging, such as sagging in the middle. The best mattress for snoring will be one that is of a medium universal firmness. Memory foam mattresses are a perfect choice for their ability to snugly hold the contours of the body.
V. GhostBed Snoring Sleepers Reviews
Whether you snore every night, or not, most people will experience their own bout of snoring at some time, from a stuffed nose or perhaps a deep sleep. With this in mind, it is worth noting that all should seek out the best mattress for snoring.
GhostBed is an ideal mattress for those who struggle with snoring, with real customers reviewing their experience.
After undergoing three neck surgeries, Marc knew what it was like to live and sleep in constant pain. In 2001, after searching fruitlessly for a comfortable pillow and mattress that supported his neck and back ... Learn More
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $545 $409Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Boxspring with My Mattress: Foundation Choices
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- Three Step-Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- Memory Foam Mattress in a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- Guide: Why Buy a Split King Mattress Bed
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost?
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Remove Urine from Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect and Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- The Benefits and 4-Step Process to Rotating Your Mattress
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How to Save a Water Damaged Mattress During a Hurricane or Flood
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Which is Best: Memory Foam vs Spring Mattress
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2020
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Arthritis for 2020
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 4 Tips to Do When You Can't Sleep
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- 9 Sleep Tips When Feeling Sick & How to Recover Fast
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Why Supima Cotton Sheets and What’s It All About?
- Egyptian, Pima or Supima Cotton Bed Sheets: Which is Best for a Great Sleep?
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets