Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
Last Updated on June 19, 2022
Eco-friendly mattress cleaning will keep the bed clean, safe and a perfect sleep environment. Read the top 10 reasons to go Eco Friendly at www.ghostbed.com
Eco-friendly mattress cleaning will provide extra comfort to provide a better sleep. With innovations, including the dream enticing memory foam mattress, there have also been cleaning creations invented meant to make life easier. Keeping the mattress clean is a necessity and keeping the mattress safe and user friendly should be an obligation to our and our family member’s bodies. Eco-friendly mattress cleaning will keep the bed clean, safe and a perfect sleep environment.
4: Child and Pet Safety
5: Air Quality
7: Asthma Reduced
8: Cleaning Safety
9: Less Antibacterials
10: Less Costly
There are a number of reasons why going eco-friendly is a wonderful solution for cleaning mattresses.
We are now learning that these chemical cocktails of cleaning products may be having a harmful impact on our health. Perhaps the most important benefit of using eco-friendly cleaning for your mattress is that you will no longer have the threat of chemicals. These chemical cleaners are being absorbed by the skin and breathed in by the person cleaning and the person sleeping on the mattress. Using eco-friendly cleaning methods allow for better health for all who come in contact with mattress.
Eco-friendly cleaning allows for you and others to no longer be threatened by harmful chemicals being released into the environment. This especially provides a rest provoking environment for the best sleep possible.
Part of eco-friendly cleaning means mixing your own cleaning products. This gives one the advantage of adding unique aromas that will provoke calm and a less stressful atmosphere. Adding essential oils such as lavender will make cleaning a pleasurable task as well as fill the mattress surface will aromas that will help with better sleep.
4: Child and Pet Safety
Young children and pets are usually even more sensitive to the chemicals used in common cleaning products. Eco-friendly solutions used for cleaning mattresses will help guard against seeping into delicate skin and the pets’ paws. Green cleaning the mattress will provide a safe place for the child to sleep without creating allergic type problems that may arise from chemical cleaners.
5: Air Quality
No one wants to sleep on a mattress emitting strong chemical odors. This will not promote a peaceful and healthy sleep. By green cleaning the mattress you will have better air quality that is filled with delightful natural smells.
Knowledge is power. It is important to understand what ingredients are being used to clean your surfaces. With the government not necessitating the listing of ingredients on any cleaning products means that you may not know what could be causing harm when using these to clean your mattress. By making your own mattress eco-friendly cleaning products you will have the knowledge to understand that your mattress will be safely cleaned.
7: Asthma Reduced
Listed today as the most common chronic illness, asthma is a huge reason why one should be using eco-friendly products to clean the mattress. With many commercial cleaning products including ingredients that are known to contribute to a higher risk of asthma, it is the perfect reason to opt for green cleaning. Eco-friendly cleaning does not use chemicals that cause asthma, with limits on elements that could activate asthma in those with the existing condition.
8: Cleaning Safety
Chemical based cleaners can be less safe for the cleaner causing burns to skin and eyes. Green cleaners use safe ingredients that will not be harsh for those using them. Eco-friendly cleaners are made using strict ideals pertaining to inhalation toxicity and skin absorption.
9: Less Antibacterials
According to the AMA we have now learned that use of antibacterial cleaners actually can promote bacterial resistance to antibiotics. The common antibacterial agent Triclosan can upset the hormonal system and thyroid. With the FDA stating that antibacterial products are no better for cleaning it is obvious that using eco-friendly products that do not contain antibacterial agents for cleaning the mattress is a better solution.
10: Less Costly
With so many cleaning products on the market, cleaning the household can get costly. By making your own eco-friendly cleaning solutions you will have a comfortable clean mattress without the added cost of an additional cleaning product.
After undergoing three neck surgeries, Marc knew what it was like to live and sleep in constant pain. In 2001, after searching fruitlessly for a comfortable pillow and mattress that supported his neck and back ... Learn More
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $945 $662Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- GhostBed’s Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Box Spring with My Mattress?
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- The 3-Step Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- 4 Reasons to Buy a Mattress-in-a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- What is a Split King Mattress & Is it Worth It?
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost? (2022 Guide)
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- What is a Hybrid Mattress?
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect & Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Flip or Rotate Your Mattress (and Why You Should)
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Why Mattresses Sag (and What to Do About It)
- Battle of the Beds: Memory Foam vs. Spring Mattresses
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Natural vs. Awara Premier Natural Hybrid Mattress
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping With Your Head Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- 6 Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- What Kind of Mattress Works with an Adjustable Bed?
- How to Use a Bed Frame with an Adjustable Base
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2021
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for Arthritis & Joint Pain
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Guide: How to Choose the Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: The Best Mattress for Fibromyalgia (+ Tips for Great Sleep)
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What Is the Best Side to Sleep on for Your Health?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 4 Tips to Do When You Can't Sleep
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- Sleeping When You’re Sick: How to Get the Rest You Need
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- How to Use a Headboard With an Adjustable Base
- 6 Surprising Reasons Why You Can't Get Comfortable in Your Bed
- How to Train Yourself to Sleep on Your Back
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- The Ultimate Guide to Pillowcases
- Guide: 3 Key Benefits of Silk Pillowcases
- Guide: How to Choose the Best Silk Pillowcase
- Silk Pillowcases: Your Newest Beauty Secret
- Guide: What is Mulberry Silk?
- How to Care for Your Silk Pillowcase
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Supima Cotton
- Guide to Cotton Sheets: What to Know About Egyptian, Pima and Supima
- Does Thread Count Really Matter?
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets
- Guide to TENCEL® Sheets: Everything You Need to Know
- How to Shop for Sheets that Don't Pill
- Mattress Toppers: What Are They & Are They Worth It?
- Guide: How to Select the Best Mattress Topper
- 5 Ways to Make Your Mattress More Comfortable
- How Do I Make My “Hot” Mattress Sleep Cooler?
- How to Care for Your Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Weighted Blanket Guide: How to Choose the Right Size & Weight
- Benefits of Weighted Blankets for Autism
- 10 Health-Boosting Benefits of Weighted Blankets
- 4 Ways to Make Your RV Bed More Comfortable
- Sleeping on the Road: A Guide to Mattress Sizes for RVs and More
- 7 Hacks For Sleeping Cool in Your RV
- Guide: 7 Road Trip Essentials for Your Next RV Trip
- Guide: How to Shop for RV Bedding
- What is a Short Queen Mattress? Your Guide to the Popular RV Size
- 5 Things to Ask Yourself Before Replacing Your RV Mattress